We use green energy produced by us.
First of all, we are a farm that has been growing legumes and grains for more than 130 years.
We have always been careful to sustainability and the reduction of environmental impact. Below we list some of the initiatives we have focused on:
- Part of our land is dedicated to the cultivation of rapeseed. Its oil powers our cogenerator which helps to provide thermal energy for the drying plant and electricity for the production lines and company buildings;
- Since 1999 we have started the transition to precision agriculture and subsequently to 4.0 which allows us to limit, rationalizing resources. Thanks to GPS and land mapping, it is possible to carry out detailed analyzes and monitor crops so that, for example, it will be possible to avoid unnecessary movements, use only the amount of water necessary without wasting or prevent plant diseases;
- The control of water resources takes place in part with the technique of sub-irrigation through underground drainage: this allows to reduce the amount of water necessary for cultivation.
- We have installed solar panels that covers the entire area of our production plant and together with our cogenerator makes us energetically independent. In total, we produce three times the electricity we consume: the surplus is fed into the network.
- We have planted 8,000 poplars which contribute to absorb an average of 560 tons of CO2 per year.
Are you interested in our products?